Barcelona are reportedly planning to sack coach Quique setien at the end of the 2019/2020 season unless there is a rapid change in results and performances.
The 61-year-old former Real Betis coach was only appointed by the Catalan giants in January following the sacking of Ernesto Valverde.
Barcelona won eight of their first 10 league matches under coach setien , but have been held by Sevilla and Celta Vigo in their last two games.
According to Goal, Setien is said to have lost the support of the dressing room and it is now inevitable that the former Real Betis manager will move on this summer, despite being handed a two-and-a-half-year deal when taking over the Spanish giant.
There were reportedly heated exchanges between players and management after the 2-2 draw with Celta vigo.
Ahead of the Atletico Madrid match on Tuesday, the coach said: “There are always controversies, like in life, because we all have our own way of seeing things and thinking.
“But this is normal. I was not an easy player to deal with either. You have your own vision and the important thing is to convince everyone to defend a common cause.
“But I see it as something natural. I think the communication is good and I don’t attach importance to specific incidents.”
The veteran coach is also of the belief that when anything goes wrong at a club, the media will jump on it, no matter how significant or indeed insignificant.
“When you don’t win and when there is a one-off moment like that free-kick, everyone looks for something,” he continued.
“This is the circus we’re involved in. We are concerned with more general aspects. The relationship with the players is good.
“There are specific moments when there may be differences of opinion but I don’t perceive any problem that is worth mentioning, far from it.”
Barcelona legend Xavi is rumoured to have been lined up to succeed Setien,having recently confirmed that he was first approached about the top job at Camp Nou late last year.