Anthony Joshua is set to finally face Bulgaria’s Kubaat Pulev on December 12 at the O2 Arena in London.

Pulev is Joshua’s mandatory challenger for the WBA, IBF, WBO, IBO titles and their fight should have been held in June at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium but was put on hold due to coronavirus pandemic.

Read More: https://ojbsport.com/2020/04/04/anthony-joshua-kubrat-pulev-heavyweight-title-fight-postponed/

Both fighter’s promoter Eddie Hearn and John Wirt has however confirmed that the bout to take place by December 12. 

Yes, Dec. 12 at the O2 is the plan for AJ,”  Hearn said.

Hearn is also hoping that fans could be allowed into the stadium, citing the British authorities aims to allow fans at least 25 per cent capacities at venues beginning in October. 

We are happy that the fight appears to be back on track and that we have a new date and site, Pulev’s promoter John said

“There is still some tweaking to do on the contract but we are optimistic it should be concluded this week.”

Also Read: https://ojbsport.com/2020/05/26/fight-me-or-vacate-the-title-pulev-tells-anthony-joshua/

Financial terms on the bout are set to change from the previous agreement. Gate revenue is set to be reduced but Hearn doest feels too concerned. According to the 41-year-old, “all is being discussed”.

Pulev, 39, has lost one bout in his career. Present (28-1, 14 KOs) The only loss coming in a fifth-round knockout loss to Wladimir Klitschko in November 2014. The Bulgarian has won his last eight fights.

Nicknamed the Cobra, his last fight was against Rydell Booker whom he defeated in November last year in California via a unanimous decision.

Joshua, 30, (24-1, 21 KOs) last fought against Andy Ruiz in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia on December 7, 2019, as he retained his belt via unanimous decision.