Super Eagles legend, Samson Siasia, who just got his life ban from football related activities reduced to five years claimed the Federal Government of Nigeria never helped his fight against FIFA.
The Olympic silver medalist had no financial input in his struggle against FIFA at CAS.
In 2019, FIFA’s hammer fell on Siasia as he was handed a life ban from all football related activities for his involvement in match-fixing with Singaporean match-fixer Wilson Perumal.
The 1994 AFCON winner denied the allegations, saying he wasn’t involved in any sort of match fixing and decided to take his case to the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS).
Last week, CAS however cleared the former Nantes forward of any wrongdoings as his life ban was reduced to five years with the £40,000 fine getting scrapped.
The former Dream Team VI coach spoke with the media and expressed his disappointment with the lack of support from the Federal Government.
“This my issue is a government problem, but up till today, we know Buhari is the President, Siasia said at a press conference in Abuja.
“The Minister of Sports when he came in, I met him, he told me he knew about my problem, but they don’t have money, and that was it.
“I thought what he would have done is go to the President. I am a legend; I have played, broke my leg for this country and also coached.
“If I played for America – yes, I have an American passport, but I played for Nigeria – if I was like Michael Jordan, they (American government) would take it upon themselves.
“The Nigerian government has not done well when it comes to my case,” he concluded.
Chief Sunday Dare who happens to be the Minister For Youth And Sports has come out to defend his unit, saying Sia1 has lied against the government.
“Samson Siasia is not telling the truth, the Ministry and the Federal Government will come out with the facts, the cash he collected and the efforts we made, Dare said.
“He is not telling the truth. ”
“The government & my ministry will reveal soon the amount of cash he got,” he said