20-time Grand slam champion Rafael Nadal has expressed his views in relation to the court declaration given on Monday morning which would allow rival Novak Djokovic to participate in the Australian Open.
The 35-year old believes “justice has spoken” and “it is the fairest thing” for the Serbian to participate following the court approval.
“Regardless of whether or not I agree on some things with Djokovic, without any doubt, justice has spoken,” Nadal told Spanish radio station Onda Cero on Monday.
Djokovic had been detained in Isolation on entering Australia because he wasn’t jabbed against Covid-19 and would have been prevented from participation but the 9-time Aussie Open winner took the option of an appeal.
The court’s finding, read out in an online hearing, said the government had conceded that its actions were “unreasonable” because the player was not given the chance to reply fully before his visa was torn up.
Meanwhile, Court filings had shown a day before court sitting, that Djokovic tested positive for the virus in December and showed symptoms no more after 14 days.
However, Rafael Nadal who has just added another ATP title in his trophy-laden career didn’t fail to maintain his pro-vaccine stance in his comments.
“All the most important institutions in the world and science itself have said that the vaccine is the way to stop this pandemic and the disaster that we have experienced in these 20 months, so I try to follow what they tell me.
“I just try to follow what the experts in each subject say.
“All the debate that surrounds it is a circus, but one thing is clear: no matter how much debate is generated, there is one clear fact and it is that there have been millions of deaths in the world due to a virus, that is a reality.”
Nadal, Djokovic alongside Federer are all tied on 20 Grand Slams each and this year’s Australian Open being a Grand Slam is a big chance for any of them to take the lead