The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has debunked claims of stripping Guinea the hosting rights of the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations.

President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Melvin Pinnick, had revealed on Tuesday that his country and neighbour, Benin Republic, were in discussion to co-host the 2025 edition of AFCON competition.

“Yes, I have indicated to CAF early today (Tuesday) during our emergency zoom meeting that Nigeria will be able to stage the tournament. We don’t know for now other countries that have submitted bids,” Pinnick said.

With various reports citing the political situation in the West African country. Guinea has been under military rule since a coup last year and that has led to concerns over security and organisation for the 2025 finals.

An official of CAF said that neither his organisation nor Guinean football officials have discussed ceding the hosting right to another country.

“The host for the 2025 tournament remains Guinea and that has not changed,” a member of CAF told BBC Sports Africa.

“We’ve not discussed anything about a replacement or received any communication from Guinea about the inability to host. At this very moment, everything is on track for Guinea to host and there is no reason to suggest otherwise.”